Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cmd f in safari not working

command-f is not working to search the page in safari since i upgraded to mavericks yesterday, it's working fine in chrome/finder/etc.

when i push command-f i see 'edit' turn blue but nothing happens, no search bar appears. pressing 'edit>search>search...' also does not seem to work

very annoying,,,

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 11:19 AM

14 replies

Oct 24, 2013 2:49 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hello-

I am having the same exact problem as Munnichs.. after upgrading to Mavericks, command + F in Safari is not working for me either. I followed the same instructions (deleting the Safari Cache.db file, rebooting my laptop, and booting in Safe Mode- where command + F worked fine, but then did not work after rebooting normally).

Anymore suggestions?

Jan 30, 2014 2:38 PM in response to Munnichs

I'm having a similar issue. When I hit COMMAND+F, I can perform a search, but the search comes up as "Not found" if I search for a string that is halfway through a word.

For example:

1. I want to search for the word "Mavericks" on a web page. (let's say this string exists on the web page)
  2. If I search for "avericks", the search will come up nil.
  3. If I search for "Mavericks", the search returns "1 match".

User uploaded file

cmd f in safari not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.