Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Device is unreachable" Error message when trying to import media from iPhone to Windows 10 PC

While trying to import photos and video from your iPhone onto your PC, I kept getting an error message. I would go to This PC/AppleiPhone/DCIM and locate the media I wanted to import. Then I would attempt to copy and paste the media into a folder on the desktop. I got the error message "Device is unreachable." I was able to fix this problem by simply changing a setting on my iPhone. If you have the same problem, go to Settings/Photos and scroll down to "Transfer to Mac or PC." "Keep Originals" should be checked, not "Automatic." Simply changing this setting solved my problem.

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2018 6:54 PM

I no longer like you...now that all the pictures were erased after being downloaded to my PC as HEIC Files (.HEIC). Boooooo.

Edit: found a converter, so I don't totally hate you anymore. 🙂 It sounds like Windows 10 should be able to handle that file format in the not-too-distant future. Yaaaaaa.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2018 6:54 PM in response to Xbodies

I no longer like you...now that all the pictures were erased after being downloaded to my PC as HEIC Files (.HEIC). Boooooo.

Edit: found a converter, so I don't totally hate you anymore. 🙂 It sounds like Windows 10 should be able to handle that file format in the not-too-distant future. Yaaaaaa.

"Device is unreachable" Error message when trying to import media from iPhone to Windows 10 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.