Slot loading optical drives no longer have the pinhole next to the optical drive to eject discs. As a result, if you have a slot loading drive (as opposed to one where a tray allows you to insert the disc), you have several options to eject a disc:
1. Restart the machine holding down the (left, or only) mouse button.
2. Open Applications -> iTunes, and select the eject disc icon on its window.
3. Open Applications -> DVD Player and eject disc from the DVD Player.
4. On PowerPC Macs, follow these instructions on Apple's
How to article 2179
5. On Intel Macs, follow these instructions:
- - Open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.
- - Type on the Terminal window
drutil eject -drive internal
6. Several third party solutions are posted here:
7. Reseting the SMC as described in Apple's:
8. Take it in for service.
Above all, remember this article to avoid this happening again: