- Re: Is this it? No? 1 day ago
- Re: What kind of flash player does Mac support? 1 day ago
- Re: My sleep/wake button on my iPhone 5s is either over sensitive or does not respond when I press it. Sometimes I do not even press it, and my phone shows the power off screen. What can I do to fix this problem? 1 day ago
- Re: my uncle gave an ipad 2 and he put his apple id after some weeks i format the ipad and its locked and i ant activate it because i need his apple id and he forgot the email and pass too how can i activate the ipad without it (note:im on pc now) and THX 1 day ago
- Re: Can you help me to identify this part? 1 day ago
Disclaimer: Apple does not necessarily endorse any suggestions, solutions, or third-party software products that may be mentioned in the topic below. Apple encourages you to first seek a solution at Apple Support. The following links are provided as is, with no guarantee of the effectiveness or reliability of the information. Apple does not guarantee that these links will be maintained or functional at any given time. Use the information below at your own discretion.
How to Clone Using Restore Option of Disk Utility
1. Open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
2. Select the backup or destination volume from the left side list.
3. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
4. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button. Wait for volume to remount on the Desktop.
5. Click on the Restore tab in the DU main window.
6. Select the startup or source volume from the left side list and drag it to the Source entry field.
7. Select the backup or destination volume from the left side list and drag it to the Destination entry field.
8. Select the destination drive icon on the Desktop and press COMMAND-I to open the Get Info window. At the bottom in the Ownership and Permissions section be sure the box labeled "Ignore Permissions on this Volume" is unchecked.
9. Double-check you got it right, then click on the Restore button.
Do you want to provide feedback on this User Contributed Tip or contribute your own? If you have achieved Level 2 status, visit the User Tips Library Contributions forum for more information.