- How do I enable remote control of Remote Desktop? 1 day ago
- Rosetta/PowerPC Applications and Lion and above 3 days ago
- El Capitan System (10.11) requirements for upgrade 1 day ago
- Smart Groups Broken, Address Book Crashes 5 days ago
- Use the Option key, when possible instead of 'C' key to boot discs 1 week ago
Chances are what happened is your Quicktime got out of date. The good news is Quicktime 7.6.6 is available for 10.6.3 and later.
Backup your data at least twice before installing anything. And ensure all your software is known to work with the software you are installing.
Ask in the forum if you are unsure how.
You can get the Quicktime software from:
iTunes currently only needs Quicktime 7.6.4 or later according to:
If you are running an older version of 10.6, the update to 10.6.3 is here:
And 10.6.8 is below if you want the last version of Mac OS X that doesn't require Lion:
Lastly, if you want to know if Lion is for you, check this user tip: