Once you reach a certain level, you can share your valuable knowledge with the community by creating User Tips.
Community members can comment on your User Tip, and you’ll receive 10 points the first time someone likes your User Tip.
What are User Tips?
User Tips are helpful tips and tricks created by our community members to help others with their Apple products. They’re different from discussions, where members post a question.
How do I create a User Tip?
To create a User Tip, click Post, click User Tip, and select the community you want to create the new User Tip in.
User Tip features
- The username and level of the creator and last editor display at the top of each User Tip.
- Comments at the bottom of each User Tip allow the community to provide feedback to the creator.
- Be considerate. User Tips should benefit the community.
- Be helpful. Use comments to provide feedback to the tip creator.
Pointers for creating great User Tips
- Use a concise title so that it’s easy to read in search results.
- Put important words at the beginning of the title.
- Use headings and ordered lists to organize information.
- Add the appropriate category tags to help users find your User Tip.
Not finding the information you’re looking for? The members of Using Apple Support Communities can help answer your question. Or, if someone’s already asked, you can search for the best answer.