Stopping email from the site is a three step process. Before you dismiss this out of hand give it a try.
If you still get emails post and a host can be alerted
Go First go to your profile page. To do this select Your Stuff->Profile at the top of the page.
- Select the Notifications tab clear out anything that shows there.Go back :
Clear out any that appear.
- Return to your profile page.
- In the Actions box select Edit Preferences
- Select the Email Notifications Preferences tab
Set the values as you like
to suit your needs.
Go back to your profile.
- In the Actions box select Manage Email Notifications
- delete any that show
Here is where you will see the Notifications currently being sent to you.
You can use the Filter to search for and select specific notifications.
If you are receiving many notifications per day you most likely have selected to receive notifications from a community. That means you are getting notified anytime anything is posted to that community. Some communities in ASC can generate 100's of posts per day.
To delete the notifications you do not want to receive, select the checkbox after the notification and then press Remove Selected Notifications.
That should do it