TWGjawja needed to use an Airprint-compatible printer while on the road, with only the iPhone, and no WiFi network other than the iPhones WiFi hotspot. The solution he found is as follows:
- set up the mobile hotspot on my phone.
- turn it and wifi on on the phone.
- connect a laptop/desktop to the hotspot network.
- insert setup disk for the printer and begin setup.
- complete the setup "using a usb cord to temporarilly connect the computer and printer"
- unplug usb cable and finish set up on the laptop/desktop.
- give it a few minutes to show up on the AirPrint menu on the phone.
- that should be it.
I unplugged the printer and plugged it back in, made sure the laptop was totally turned off AND disconnected from the network, and did everything I could to try and make it not work. The printer I have is a Canon MG3122, it doesn't have a fancy screen or even a way to input a password or anything like that, so it just strores a default network that it will connect to. in order to change networks i would have to complete setup multiple times. Since I only plan to use it with AirPrint for my mobile business....the one network is just fine! Hope this helps!