This discussion is archived
1389 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2009 2:40 PM by cecemf
*Not knowing the origin to Your problem - General approach when in trouble is as follows.*
• Free space on internal (start-up) hard disk if it is less than 10Gb should rather have 25Gb
• Hard disk is untidy. Repair Permissions, Repair Hard disk (Apple Disc Util tool)
• Garageband-fix. Start it, Play a note and Close it. Re-try (Corrects an audio problem that hinders iMovie)
• Delete iMovie pref file - or rather start a new user/account - log into this and re-try
iMovie pref file resides.
Mac Hard Disk (start-up HD)/Users/"Your account"/Library/Preferences and is named. com.apple.iMovie.plist
While iMovie is NOT RUNNING - move this file out to desk-top.
Now restart iMovie.
• Third party plug-ins that doesn't work OK (not relevant for iMovie’08 or 09)
iMovie updated ?
QuickTime updated ?
Mac OS version ?
• Program miss-match. iMovie 5.0.2, up to Mac OS X.4.11 AND QuickTime 7.4.1 - is OK
• Program miss-match. iMovie 6.0.3 or 6.0.4, Mac OS X.4.11 AND QuickTime 7.4.1 - is OK (might work under Leopard)
• Program miss-match. iMovie’08 v. 7.0.1, Mac OS X.4.11 AND QuickTime 7.4.1 - is OK (might work under Leopard)
• Screen must be set to Million-colors
From LKN 1935. (in this case = iMovie HD (5), I tried it all, but nothing worked.
Your answer (above) has been helpfull insofar as all the different trials led to the conclusion that
there was something wrong with my iMovie software. I therefore threw everything away and reinstalled
iMovie from the HD. After that the exportation of DV videos (there has not been any problem with HDV videos)
to my Sony camcorders worked properly as it did before.
Yours Bengt WG3/G4 Blue white,PBG4,dG5, OS X.3.9 + QT6.5.2 and OS X.4.11 + QT 7.3.1
Thank you sooo much for your reply, I'm so stressed as I have a dead line for tomorrow for a special event and it's really frustrating me !!!
Ok I have 80.71Gb free space on my HD
I uninstall iMovie and re-install it (inc. deleted all preferences)
I did Repair Permissions using Onyx
I never use Garageband but I'm going to try that now
The only Third party plug-ins I have are Perian 1.1.4 and Flip4mac WMV (special Snow leopard) 126.96.36.199
I have multiple problems also when I create a video it start OK I put the image the sound then a tilte then when I'm adding another one the drag and drop doesn't work (like it was read only) impossible to add anything so I click on Project list and click right and here it's what it shows :
Like there is no project but If I play it it plays fine !!! only way it's to delete and start again but it does it again and again.
Can anyone help ?
Message was edited by: cecemf Aluminum iMac 20"+4Go+500Go+Radeon HD 2600 PRO+iPhone 3G (3.0) 16Go black; PS3, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Boot Camp with Windows 7 for playing games only !!!
Another issue is that for no reason during a making of a video (made form AAC audio and Images) it just stop me of doing anything like extending the time or even the panel option doesn't show !
See below :
The only way to go back to normal is to delete that project and start again but then it does it again !
Please help I'm desperate ! is that to do with Snow Leopard ? Aluminum iMac 20"+4Go+500Go+Radeon HD 2600 PRO+iPhone 3G (3.0) 16Go black; PS3, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Boot Camp with Windows 7 for playing games only !!!
Another exemple that you can't add effects here too :
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5136/screencapture4t.png Aluminum iMac 20"+4Go+500Go+Radeon HD 2600 PRO+iPhone 3G (3.0) 16Go black; PS3, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Boot Camp with Windows 7 for playing games only !!!