3443 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2010 3:12 PM by shcaerp
i had a look on the configuration file of squirrelmail
in /etc/squirrelmail/config there is the file config.php
in this file i've found this definition
/* Server Settings */
* Default Domain
* The domain part of local email addresses.
* This is for all messages sent out from this server.
* Reply address is generated by $username@$domain
* Example: In email@example.com, example.com is the domain.
* @global string $domain
$domain = getenv(SERVER_NAME);
So i replaced getenv(SERVER_NAME) with the name of my domain and it works
So your solution is ok for :
- automatic creation of email during creation of a person in the open directory
- automatic creation of wiki email address
but it doesn't work with the use of Webmail.
The only solution i've found to solve this issue is to modify the config.php file of squirrelmail.
Thank you for all
It works for all services in SLS. I use it with webmail all the time. The email address created when you add the user is available for all services. Don't know what you are talking about. Checking the box allows you to use shortname@domainname for your email address instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.