This discussion is archived
2012 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2010 11:57 PM by Bengt Wärleby
See those links:
Michel BoissonneaultPowerMac G5 dual 2.3, 4.5 Go, Apple Cinema display HD 23", FX1, FCS 2, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Ati Radeon X1900GT G5 edition, and iMac G4, FCE 4.0.1, macuser since 1988
An easy way to synch two cameras (or more) is to slap a slate or even make a loud handclap with both cameras running just before (or even during or after) you shoot your video. Then in FCE, turn on the soundwaves and you can easily see the slate or handclap and use it to synch both cameras.
SteveMacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.6.3), FCE 4.01
a. Syncing. I use a photo flash - This gives one white frame on exact same time on
b. Hand held vs Tripod. Yes I've got two Cameras and found out that one of them was
movement sencible - It didn't stay in sync when handheld.
Test this first - so that You set the most sencitive Camera on tripod.
Cameras roll for full tape/60 minutes. To be able to see at end if they match.
c. Editing - I did in FinalCut Express
• Put one Camera take on Video-track 1 and the other on Video-track 2
• Now I double click on clip in VT1 and turn on Image + Wireframe
• I reduce the size to 25% by changing the Wireframe (not the general windowsize)
• Then I move this small view up left square of Viewer window - to make space for
the VT2 material
• Now double click on VT2 clip and shrink this to 25% too and move this to upper right corner.
• Now You should be able to see both VT when playing - so that You can select what view to look at
• I then use Transparacy tool (Rubber-band + pen tool) to adjust visibility of track 2
in this way I can select what view that will be in view.
• When done - Then I re-adjust size back to 100% and now I see the full movie
with best views.
Next step is to - do the audio part. Easiest is to mute the handneld Camera audio.
• DO NOT TEST - FinalCut Pro - Where there is a Multi-Camera editing tool.
This did push me over and the cost - really bite.
BUT - Time Gain to me was from a 1 hour 2 Camera project
• Editing in FinalCut Express took me about 10 hours / hour (2 Cam)
• Editing in PCP - Now down to 1 hour 20 minutes.
Yes that and 3-way color-corrector and Media assembling tool (can collect all parts in a project into a specific folder)
was what pushed me into buying this.
Yours Bengt WG3/G4 Blue white,PBG4,dG5, OS X.3.9 + QT6.5.2 and OS X.4.11 + QT 7.3.1