Currently Being ModeratedSep 16, 2010 6:58 PM (in response to wcarcass)This solved it for me too! I discovered that after using *+FCS Remover+* to uninstall Final Cut my Shared folder when with it and thus causing this issue. Since you said that FCE had disappeared, by chance did you use it?
http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htmdual-quad core 2.8Ghz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
Currently Being ModeratedJan 28, 2012 11:25 AM (in response to pdpl)
Thanks pdpl, that worked for me. In case Apple pulls the technote (which has happened to me before), following are the Mac OSX instructions from that article...
- Log in to your computer using an administrator account.
- In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
- Type: "/Users" (without quotes) and click Go.
- Open Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities).Warning: This step involves modifying permission settings by entering commands in the Terminal application. Users unfamiliar with Terminal and UNIX-like environments should proceed with caution. The entry of incorrect commands may result in data loss or unusable system software. Improper alteration of permissions can result in reduced system security or exposure of private data. This option requires a non-blank admin password.
- Depending on which version of Mac OS X you have, this step will vary:
- On Mac OS X v10.5.8 and earlier, type:sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/Shared
- On Mac OS X v10.6 or later, type:sudo chmod -R 1777 /Users/Shared
Currently Being ModeratedApr 11, 2012 12:51 PM (in response to wcarcass)
I had this exact same issue, and after months of searching, I found help here
The part that helped me was:
Originally Posted by juellez
Good news. Seems that after all the permissions work, the issue was
resolved after one easy step: remove the /Users/Shared/SC Info
directory and restart.
1. In the top finder bar, go to GO > Go to Folder (Shift+Cmd+G)
2. Type in "/Users/Shared/SC Info"
3. Switch to Column View if you're not in it already
4. Delete the "SC Info" folder
Or, if you're OK in the terminal, type this in from the command line:
rm /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
Hope that helps!
It worked for me and several others who replyed back to the page.
Best of luck and hope this helps you.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points