If it helps you at all, I spent 4 days last week on new Macbook Pro trying to solve the same problem. The Outlook 2007 pst file (1 GB) from my old PC would not transfer into the Outlook 2011 for Mac. I spoke with Microsoft Tech Help several times also.
My problem seemed to be emails that were originally created in Outlook Express and then moved into Outlook 2007. None of these emails would transfer, only the folders.
1. Purchased a copy of Emailchemy from weirdkid.com (advised on outlook help for mac site)
2. Convert the outlook.pst file to a MS entourage archive file (.rge).
3. Imported the rge file into Outlook for Mac 2011 and it should work. I tried to convert the pst file to mbox format at first, but this did not work either.
The Microsoft techs were very helpful and followed up with a phone call a number of times. They did mention that some users were having issues with converting pst files into Outlook 2011 for Mac.
If you want to save yourself some time, follow the above procedure. I dont work for emailchemy so I can say that the program worked perfectly.
Best of luck
Very new here but have experienced of both Outlook (Windows and Mac). Outlook 2011 for mac has the option to import Windows Outlook pst file. Apply the following steps and you will able to see your windows pst file data into mac outlook:
- On the Outlook for Mac File menu, click Import.
- Click Outlook Data File, and then click the right arrow.
- Select Outlook for Windows Data File, and then click the right arrow.
- Locate the data file on your computer, and then click Import.
- When the import process is complete, click Done.
Does anyone know if there's a way to import from PST into a different folder in Outlook 2011? We have a user that keeps hitting their quota in their webmail account. To archive what they currently have, I setup Outlook 2010 on a PC to download it via POP it into a PST. I had hoped to simply open the PST file in Outlook 2011 on the Mac...but since I can only import, not open the PST, I'm concerned that we'll be back at square one since we're trying to use IMAP to keep their webmail, Mac & iPhone synced.
Yes locolobo not harder to import .pst files to Mac outlook from PC you can convert all Outlook emails into .EML files with the help of Windows based PST to EML converter. After that you can apply simple and secure drag-n-drop method to import PST file emails into Mac Outlook. Software also keeps emails properties, attachments and header part after conversion method. Yet it’s not free but reliable solution to execute Outlook conversion into EML, MSG, PDF and VCF file formats. Also provide beneficial option to print PST to PDF with attachments to store data in hard copy.
Actual Source- http://outlookpsttoemlconverter.escortssecurity.in/