Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2011 8:06 PM (in response to gwforeman)
Why is there a problem? Youtube vid's play just fine in Safari or Firefox browsers--no special settings, etc. and no "app" to download, at least on my mbp & imac.
There are videos that Quicktime won't play for which I use VLC but not needed for Youtube.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2011 8:16 PM (in response to TaylorN90)
Hmm, that's strange, as Flash is included with Safari as a plugin in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
You can download it from here anyway
Thanks, yes, I kknow I can download it. Just wondering if I HAD to download it. The iPad has a Youtube program, and flash is not needed. Guess I have no choice.
From what I understand, Apple does not install Flash anymore on the MBP.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 19, 2011 8:25 PM (in response to gwforeman)
Sorry, I understand what you mean now
No, there isn't a YouTube app included on Mac. Because you are supposed to be able to use your browser for this. In your case though, it isn't working :S
But use that link I posted to update Flash, and see how that goes
Currently Being ModeratedApr 20, 2011 3:38 AM (in response to gwforeman)
Hi all, I quite like Perian, which you can download here, http://perian.org/
Perian enables QuickTime application support for additional media:
- File formats: AVI, DIVX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, and VFW
- Video types: MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivx, H.264, Sorenson H.263, FLV/Sorenson Spark, FSV1, VP6, H263i, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Snow, NuppelVideo, Techsmith Screen Capture, DosBox Capture
- Audio types: Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), and MPEG Layer I & II Audio, True Audio, DTS Coherent Acoustics, Nellymoser ASAO
- AVI support for AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, VBR MP3 and more
- Subtitle support for SSA/***, SRT, SAMI