Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2011 12:57 PM (in response to mharts)
Just create a new site in iWeb that consists of one page that says 'under construction' and then publish this and then re-publish your other site when it is updated. You won't lose anything.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2011 1:22 PM (in response to mharts)
This is one way:
- Create a new site called Holding Site.
- Create a first page with the Under Construction graphics and message you want.
- Move all of the pages except 1 from Your Site to the Holding site.
- Move the first page of the Under Construction site up to Your Site.
- Move the remaining page of Your Site down to the Holding site.
- Publish Your Site.
You can work on your pages in the Holding Site. When you're ready to go back online with the new pages reverse the steps above to get the new pages in Your Site and publish.
OT3Ghz iMac, 4G RAM, 1TB HD; MBP 2.16 Ghz 2G RAM; 1.5TB/160GB HDs;, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Canon:i850/8600F, Epson R280; 4G Nano, 30G Video iPod; iPad 3G
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2011 1:47 PM (in response to mharts)
As described above.
But don´t forget - if you use a personal domain / MobileMe the "under construction page" must be the first in the list. Otherwise it don´t work as i should.