Currently Being ModeratedMay 5, 2011 4:08 AM (in response to lynnfromharrisburg)
Do you get a valid IP Address? Check in the settings -> Network -> WiFi which address the iPod get's from the Router.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 5, 2011 5:17 AM (in response to lynnfromharrisburg)
- Do other devices successfully connect to the internet?
- Did the iPod successfully connect to the internet from your router before?
- To other routers?
- Reset your iPod:
Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home
button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Power off and then back on your router
- On the IPod reset network settings: Settings>Genera;>Reset>Reset Network Settings
- The troubleshooting here:
Currently Being ModeratedSep 16, 2012 6:19 AM (in response to lynnfromharrisburg)
This problem could happen if you have a DHCP limit. I've seen routers have pre-defined limits as low as 6...!
So, for example, you could get 6 devices get addresses 192.168.1.100 through 105, but it would stop there... Other devices could connect to the wifi, but no Internet connection was visible...
Your problem seems consistent with that behavior. Check to see if the DHCP range is sufficient for your network and amount of devices that connect to it.