Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2011 9:54 AM (in response to Orangfollower)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2011 12:05 PM (in response to MadisonP)
Hi, Thanks. Yes, I selected it correctly. I tunes doesn't show up in IMovie either (I didn't try the others). I tried already tried the other support suggestion which was to drag the ITunes music library.xml file to the desktop and then start I tunes and the IPhoto. But that didn't work. Other ideas?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 11, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to Orangfollower)
Find out if this is an issue with your iTunes Library or the Media Browser (the window that shows you music in various programs like iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, etc).
- Drag a song out of your iTunes library to the desktop which makes a copy of it
- Go to iTunes > Quit iTunes
- Hold down the option key on the keyboard and launch iTunes
- Create a new iTunes library called "iTunes Test"
- Drag the song from the desktop into this new blank library
- Test iPhoto and iMovie
If the song shows up then your iTunes library is damaged and needs to be rebuilt:
- Go to iTunes > Quit iTunes
- Hold down the option key on the keyboard and launch iTunes and choose your original iTunes library
- Follow this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451
- Once done following the article create a new playlist with a song in it and then test iPhoto and iMovie
If the song does not show up then the media browser is broken and needs to be reinstalled:
- Install the 10.6.7 combo update and then test: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361
- If the issue persists, reinstall Mac OS X: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.6/en/8177.html
Currently Being ModeratedJun 3, 2012 12:15 AM (in response to Orangfollower)
I am having the same issue, although it was there a few days ago and then magically disappeared. Now all I get is the sample music and no Source box option to choose songs from my itunes library! Any ideas how to fix this?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 3, 2012 12:38 AM (in response to lucybowen)
Is the iTunes library available in other apps - iMovie for instance?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 5, 2012 11:12 PM (in response to Terence Devlin)
Hi, I'm having the same problem Terence. Nope, iTunes is not appearing in either iMovie or in iPhoto. It worked recently but now it's gone. I have tried re-creating a new iTunes library to no avail. Have considered paying for it again and re-downloading Iphoto & iMovie, but it seems a potential waste if it doesn't solve the problem.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 6, 2012 12:22 AM (in response to rorygilmore)
The problem then is with iTunes and not the other apps. I would ask on the iTunes forum.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 4, 2013 4:58 PM (in response to rorygilmore)
Had the same problem, finally went to the Genuis Bar, after giving it a good try, reloading IMovie 11, he asked another person, the answer was re-install ILife 11, worked after that, to simple but this is the answer.