Currently Being ModeratedJul 4, 2011 5:01 PM (in response to StephyPaige)
Some things to try first:
1. Disconnect any and all 3rd party devices that didn't ship with your mac directly from apple (both FW and USB included).
2. Restart your mac without any 3rd party devices attached whatsoever. That includes ext. hard drives, blue tooth devices, and any third party memory product/s. Basically, anything that doesn't come directly from apple has to go (at least while troubleshooting).
3. Need you to dispose of the plist for iDvd also. Go to you Home folder, the one that looks like a house > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iDvd.plist and drag and drop this file/s to the trash. Make sure to first quit iDvd prior to disposing of this pref. file/s.
4. Run apple's disc utility and repair permissions. Applicantions > Utilities > Disc Utility > Repair Permissions.
5. Restart your mac yet again, and try iDvd one more time.
6. If it's still at issue then please open iDvd from a separate user account and try your project one more time. If you don't know how to create a separate user account then just come on back and one of will show you how.
Message was edited by: SDMacuser
Currently Being ModeratedJul 4, 2011 7:18 PM (in response to SDMacuser)
Thank you, I am working on the list now. I have deleted the com.apple.iDvd.plist. There is also another one, com.apple.iDvd.LSSharedFileList.plist, should this one be deleted as well?
Currently Being ModeratedJul 5, 2011 12:12 AM (in response to StephyPaige)
Preferences are just that. Can't harm anything by deleting the file since iDvd will simply create a new one with default settings the next time the app is launched. However, just to play it safe, you can accomplish the very same objective by simply dragging and dropping the file to the desktop (as opposed to the trash). So let's go ahead and do that for the time being. Drag it to the desktop.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 7, 2011 5:20 PM (in response to SDMacuser)
Hopefully this worked well (disposing of iDvd's plist/s). But if not just come on back.