I am having the unable to sync due to "unknown erorr (-50)" with iTunes 10.4 (80) on Snow Leopard when it comes to syncing photos (from Aperture 3).
It occurs when it goes from "Analyzing photos" to "Optimizing photos" in iTunes.
I have done the following in hopes of resolving the error:
- Repaired my Aperture 3 library database
- Deleted the "iPod Photo Cache" in the Aperture 3 library
- Updated my iOS to the latest version
- Repaired permissions on my Mac
- Changed USB cables and ports
- Restarted Mac and synced with only iTunes running
None of the above worked... I am still getting this unknown error (-50) when it tries to sync my photos.
I had the same issue. I found an old thread that fixed it. You have to delete the photo cache. I just fixed mine right now. All is well!
Here is the link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2111716?start=15&tstart=0
Yes it is happening to me too now. So it works for maybe one or two syncs & then we are back with the same issue. So it definitely has something to do with iTunes 10.4.
Edit: I was syncing some 2446 photos. I deleted some albums & now I am syncing 2364 photos. It appears I no longer bomb out. So I must have a few corrupt files. Or it is just something with iTunes 10.4.