Currently Being ModeratedMar 20, 2012 1:24 AM (in response to veganblogger)
same here. Exchange account: with OWA/MS Outlook it works fine, in Apple Mail, several messages are not downloaded. Only the headers. I even have issues where a complete folder stays empty, though 2 months ago this folder has multiple messages. When I look via OWA/Outlook the messages are there.
I tried 'rebuild', I tried restoring an old apple.mail.plist file, etc. without any result.
Apple, please look at this issue and fix it... perhaps an incompatibility with the latest exchange server version?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 21, 2012 4:01 AM (in response to CyberDj)
If ur iphone is jailbroken and u have AutoProtect then that is ur problem
Disaible AutoProtect, stop the mail app from the multitasking bar, reboot ur phone and ur problem should be solved
Currently Being ModeratedOct 22, 2012 8:12 AM (in response to veganblogger)
I have the same problem too with Exchange and Mail on my MacBook Air. It looks like it started to happen after updating to 10.8.2. Everything comes through fine on my iPhone and iPad. I can't seem to find any common link on why some come through and some don't. I went to Outlook on my work PC and forwarded 2 of the messages that didn't come through on my MacBook, and I received all of the content. I'm sure that Apple will fix it, hopefully soon!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 20, 2012 2:22 PM (in response to veganblogger)
This happened to me as well after a reformat. I thought it was odd, as I was previously using this Exchange 2010 account on 10.8.2 just fine. I decided to remove the account from Mail preferences and add it back there. I also had to change the autodiscover information, but that's due to an architecture-specific configuration at my company.
After re-adding the account, everything was fine. Maybe give that a go.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 21, 2013 7:49 PM (in response to veganblogger)
I researched this for days and tried a ton of solutions and none worked out. Turns out the fix was pretty simple for me. Detailed here:
I know it refers to Blackberry, but it worked fine for fixing up the "no content" problem on 3 Mac Mail installations with Exchange 2007, and only took about 10 minutes and one reboot of the Exchange server. Obviously, if you don't have IT support or access to your Exchange server, you are out of luck.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2013 8:31 PM (in response to kbross)
I'm having the same problems, but I know the email is in an Exhange 2010 environment, not 2007. Plus it's in a hosted environment, so we can't get at it. The exchange provider and our IT person basically shrugs and says "Don't use Apple Mail". My exchange mail shows up fine on my iPhone, and in other email programs. And it worked in 10.7.
In Apple Mail 6.5 on Mac OS x 10.8.4 a couple times a day there is no content in the message. Like others have said in these forums, A restart of mail shows the content, but the list preview of the message still says "This message has no content".
With some emails that show up with no content I am able to shuffle through the menu View > Message > Next Alternative to force the message to be seen. This happens for every mail from a web service for project tracking called Wrike.
Apple mail is a very easy to use program, but the latest has become borderline unusable, having to restart it constantly, and hit option-command-] (that's View > Message > Next Alternative) on dozens of messages. I'm living with it for now, but it's not a good situation.
This has been happening since last year, and I since it worked in 10.7, it would be nice if it was fixed, because Apple Mail is the only mail program that seems afflicted with this.