Currently Being ModeratedNov 13, 2011 9:06 AM (in response to NWFSCIT)
I have the same error. Did you find a resolution?
Currently Being ModeratedMar 29, 2012 8:37 AM (in response to NWFSCIT)
I'm having this issue as well... Anybody out there that can assist?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 19, 2012 6:06 PM (in response to NWFSCIT)
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I've just setup Profile Manager and am having the same problem with the enrollment profile.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 17, 2012 6:59 AM (in response to kr2008)
Did anyone have a resolution as I tried to do a DB restore along with OD archive restore after I rebuilt our server. Im thinking something about the restore with the DB is messed up or its cert related.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 4, 2013 10:48 AM (in response to NWFSCIT)
Anyone ever get anywhere with this? I am experiencing this issue and have been beating on it for quite some time.
I initially was having issues with SSL and self assigned certs and I would get an error saying that the connection may not be secure. I finally wiped the whole profile manager (using wipeDB.sh) and remade a fresh self assigned cert and now don't get any (apparent) SSL errors, but get this every time when trying to enroll:
mdmclient: Configuration profile contains missing or invalid information for PayloadUUID
mdmclient: *** ERROR *** [Agent:501] ExtractOTAIdentity (<CPProfile:-102> The profile is either missing some required information, or contains information in an invalid format.)
mdmclient: *** ERROR *** [Agent:501] ProcessOTABootstrapProfileCore (<CPProfile:-102> The profile is either missing some required information, or contains information in an invalid format.)
System Preferences: *** ERROR *** [CPInstallerUI:501] Profile installation (Auto-Join Devices Enrollment (com.apple.ota.<myservername>.bootstrap)) (<CPProfile:-102> The profile is either missing some required information, or contains information in an invalid format.)
I even followed these instructions: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3221330?start=0&tstart=0 and blew away OD and let Server.app remake the master, restored, and everything... Still nothing. (Also, for the record, I have downloaded the Trust Profile first). I have tried it on Macs, both 10.7 and 10.8 and I get the exact same thing in the log. Interestingly, on an iPad I get a different error ("The server certificate for <servername> is invalid"), but I don't get any SSL warnings on the mac? I've watched and read so much on Profile Manger in 10.7 and it all looks so easy, but I just cannot make it work on my setup.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Currently Being ModeratedMar 5, 2013 7:49 AM (in response to scrogers)
My issues seem to have been mitigated by upgrading clients to Mountain Lion 10.8 (and the latest iOS at the time - now running 6.1.1 and 6.1.2) and a completely fresh server install. I know this is not ideal for everyone (or was even that ideal for me). Mountain Lion Server.app has vastly improved over Lion based Server.app.
One route I decided to take with so many issues was to use virtualization and be able to clone a configuration once I had it working thus making change rollbacks much easier than wipeDB.sh and/or restoring from backup (TimeMachine or other).
Sorry I couldn't help with your exact configuration but wanted you to know there is a path from where you're at to a working configuration.