Currently Being ModeratedMar 7, 2012 9:05 AM (in response to kalmicka)
I was able to resolve this by looking at the /var/logs/system.log and finding that the file that was autogenerated by the webdav process had a syntax error in it.
In my case, the rewrite string was missing the quotes and as a result, webdav failed to start because it didn't load the file. In my experience, the WebDAV sharing file only gets rewritten when File Sharing is stopped and started.
Do the following:
- Check /var/logs/system.log for any errors being thrown by org.apache.webdavsharing.<a username on your system>
- Backup the file /etc/apache2/httpd_webdavsharing_sharepoints.conf
- Open the file in emacs or some text editor that can verify that quotes, XML delimiters and the like have been successfully closed
- Save the file - if you made changes
- Try logging back into the server using webdav (it shouldn't make any difference if this is performed from an iOS device or from a computer.)
If that fails - bounce the File Sharing service to make it regenerate the /etc/apache2/httpd_webdavsharing_sharepoints.conf file again and go back to step 1.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 29, 2013 12:03 AM (in response to iBlink)
pushed the wrong button. Sorry about that. Can't seem to uncheck the answer as the correct one. I don't seem to have this error anymore on the new version of mac os x server, but maybe it was because of a new installation. This error kept making me crazy...
Currently Being ModeratedAug 1, 2013 5:52 PM (in response to kalmicka)
When you say that you don't get this error anymore with the new version of OSX, you mean fresh install or the latest version of the server. I just got into the situation of dealing with this problem. Same issue with my WebDAV file (""). Also changes back to how it was in the beginning (missing ""), although in my case it seems to change back after a while, even without restarting the file sharing service.
Appreciate the help
Currently Being ModeratedAug 2, 2013 8:02 PM (in response to iBlink)
So you are saying that your experience is that the webdav config file doesn't change back to having syntax errors (missing "") after doing a fresh install of the server; even when you restart the file sharing service?