Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 10:40 AM (in response to Sjazbec)
Looks like everybody is downloading right now - estimated download time 4 hours
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 10:41 AM (in response to Sjazbec)
Thanks for the heads-up.
Here's the Aperture changes:
Aperture 3.2 Update
Aperture 3.2 supports compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5. This update also addresses minor stability, performance and compatibility issues, including:
- Resolves an issue that could cause the "Loading" indicator to reappear in the Viewer when cropping a photo
- Aperture now automatically relaunches into Full Screen mode if the application was in Full Screen mode when last quit
- Pinch-to-zoom gesture now automatically activates Zoom mode in the Viewer
- Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in the Viewer
- Microsoft Outlook can now be chosen in Preferences as the application used by Aperture for emailing photos
- Fixes a problem that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to quit unexpectedly when using brushes to apply adjustments
- Loupe now correctly displays magnification levels between 50-100%.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture, running on OS X Lion, to display the incorrect color profile on externally edited images
- Import window now includes an option to delete photos from iPhone and iPad after they have been imported into Aperture
- The Lift & Stamp tool now displays the correct cursor icons when being used in Split View and Viewer only modes
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 10:45 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)
Thanks for posting the list of changes, Kirby!
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 10:50 AM (in response to DougS79)
Wait! There's more . Finally got the KB page to load:
Aperture 3.1.3 Update
The Aperture 3.1.3 Update supports compatibility with Mac OS X Lion, and also addresses overall stability and performance. This update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3. Minor issues addressed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improves reliability of library rebuild and repair operations in Aperture Library First Aid.
- Aperture now automatically rebuilds image thumbnails after a library is restored from a Time Machine backup.
- Resolves an issue that, in rare cases, could cause imports from iPhone 4 to not complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Olympus E-5 image thumbnails to appear with black borders in the Import window.
- Metadata presets are now correctly applied to imported audio files.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize thumbnails in full screen Browser.
- Multi-touch gesture can now be used to rotate images in the Viewer.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize the cropping rectangle when using the Crop tool.
- Gesture support can be enabled or disabled in Preferences.
- Fixes an issue that could sometimes cause the Faces view to be displayed without the Show Unnamed Faces button and zoom slider.
- Resolves various issues naming faces using accented, Japanese, Korean or Simplified Chinese characters.
- Profile photos attached to contacts in Address Book are now displayed with suggested names in the Faces auto-complete menus.
- Shift-clicking snapshots on the Faces corkboard now allows you to make contiguous selections.
- The Home key and End key can now be used to scroll to the top or bottom of the Faces view.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the map in the Edit Location window to draw incorrectly when assigning a location to a Project in Full Screen view.
- In Places, the Show Unplaced Images filter now correctly maintains its state when the Back button is used to navigate the Places map.
- Scrubbing numeric fields with the Shift key held down no longer causes the Adjustments inspector to temporarily disappear when the HUD is docked on the side of the screen.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Inspector HUD to be incorrectly positioned when exiting and entering Full Screen while the HUD is docked.
- Aperture no longer quits unexpectedly if a trackpad gesture is used to change the size of the Retouch brush during a brush stroke.
- Aperture now correctly displays the correct cursor type when switching between draw mode and erase modes when using brushes with a Wacom tablet.
- Published MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr albums now appear in a Web section in the Library Inspector
- Addresses a problem that could sometimes cause Aperture to became unresponsive while syncing to web published albums.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when trimming audio in full screen mode.
- Resolves an issue that could sometimes cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly while browsing videos.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding when using the Undo and Redo commands after switching from JPEG to RAW master with RAW+JPEG pairs.
- The keyboard shortcut to show Tooltips has been changed from “T” to “Control + T” to prevent accidental activation.
- The Reset All Warnings button in the General Preferences now correctly resets all warnings.
- Fixes an issue that could cause a blank sheet to display when placing a book or print order.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the browser filmstrip to scroll unnecessarily when enabling or disabling various options in the Query HUD.
- Stacking or unstacking images that have been placed on a Light Table no longer Images placed on a Light Table now maintain their proper positions when added or removed from stacks.
- FIxes an issue that could cause the List View to display the incorrect sort order when switching between projects.
- Resolves an issue that could render images incorrectly when viewing them at magnifications of over 400% using the Loupe.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding on quit while updating previews.
- Folders in the source list now spring back closed after objects have been dropped into them, or dragged over and then away from them.
- Slideshow exports are now handled as a background operation and are listed in the Activity window.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 11:25 AM (in response to Sjazbec)
Back Up FIrst.
Back Up First.
Back Up First.
P.s. Don't forget to back up before updating anything
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 11:44 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)
Hmm... Kirby is that 3.1.3 update or 3.2? Looks like 3.1.3.
The link is correct though, and your orginal info is correct as well, just checked.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 1:01 PM (in response to shuttersp33d)
Sorry about that -- -- it's what showed up when I clicked the KB link in Software Update. I was about 2 minutes ahead of the apple barrel.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 1:08 PM (in response to Terence Devlin)
The update requires a rebuild of your Library. Back it up first.
Link to image of dialog asking for confirmation to go ahead (sorry, Discussion not giving me the dialog to post images in-line):
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 1:10 PM (in response to Sjazbec)
Wow the 3.2 update is great. It has really improved perfrormance all around. I have a relativly old 2009 13 inch macbook pro with a 2.26 c2d and 8gb of ram. I am getting what I expect out of a pro app. I have only been using 3.2 for about an hour but It is just amazingly quick. I have been using previous versions of aperture 3 for some time now and this is the best one yet. I know a lot of you out there have much better set ups then me so the app should scream on all of those new i5 and i7 machines out there