Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 12:10 PM (in response to Rob B. Campbell)
Where do I find it in server.app?
I've just performed a clean install of Lion & Server again and made sure the old server is connected in target disk mode. Server.app opens, says it's downloading and confirguring services, then once that's done, straight into the usual server.app window with no visible option to do the lateral migration.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 12:42 PM (in response to The Murph)
There's a few things in the instructions that don't quite make sense to me...
To migrate to Lion Server using Server Assistant:
1. Make sure the volume you migrate from is connected through target disk mode or is installed locally on your server. Done. Connected via target disk mode.
2. Make sure that the DHCP or DNS servers your server depends on are running. Done.
3. If this is a new server with Lion Server already installed, proceed to Server Assistant
instructions in step 8. Nope. Non-server iMac.
4. On the server you are going to install Lion Server on, open the App Store, find Mac OS X Lion, and install it. Lion already installed. After the failed attempts I've booted from the recovery partition, erased the disk and reinstalled Lion.
5. When the Installer opens, follow the onscreen instructions to proceed through each pane.
6. When the Installer asks where to install, select the disk or partition to install Lion Server on. Do not select the volume that has the v10.5.8 or v10.6 data you are migrating from.
7. Click Install.
During installation, progress information appears.
After the installation is complete, the computer restarts and Server Assistant opens so you can perform initial setup. Server assistant does not open. Why would server assistant open when all that's been installed so far is Lion, with out server? Obviously there's something I'm missing here. Anyway, at this stage I've downloaded server from the app store, it installs, then that's it.
8. Move through the assistant’s panes, following the onscreen instructions. No panes...
9. In the Transfer Existing Mac Server pane, select “Transfer the information from an existing Mac server” and click Continue. No option to transfer....
What am I doing wrong?!iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)