Updating your Apple ID password, then update the same password on your iPhone (using the official iCloud feature, not the custom setup) and Mac email client.
Once I did this my iPhone sent and received emails correctly.
It's been almost 3 days now and i'm having this issue. The fact is that i have never get my icloud mail to work since i activated my icloud account. To sum it up,
- on my iOS device, mail keeps on telling me my ID/password is incorrect.
- on my Mail app in my Mac, it tells my my ID/password is incorrect.
- on the web (icloud.com), it tells me Mail could not be loaded due to a possible network error or missing resources.
- Notes doesn't work on all devices as well including the web icloud.com
- other apps i.e. calendar, address book, find my iphone, documents, photo stream, find my friend, imessage - they all worked fine.
Apple support site (http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/systemstatus/) claims that "All services are online". Not sure if they are naive with what's really going on or are they just in denail at this stage.
The fact that this is happenning right now, and with the case of me.com a few years back, i am hesitant to put my faith with apple in terms of their web service. They have the best product when it comes to devices and apps, but they have the far worse web service (I guess that's why their @mac and mobileME was never a success). I think i'm keeping my gmail for the time being.
Ok, I had the sames issues after migrating my MobileMe account towards iCloud, and here is how I managed to fix it:
- I logged in to Apple-ID account manager and changed my password (this was one of the hints I read in this thread). There I noticed that my old MobileMe password did not match the password rules for Apple-ID passwords: I had no capital letter in my password. So I used the same password as before, just with one letter capitalized.
- I removed my Lion Mac and my iOS 5 iPhone from iCloud and reconnected them.
- Now both devices worked with mail again and did not ask for the password over and over again.
- On my Snow Leopard machine I deleted the MobileMe account and created a new one using a different IMAP-server: p99-imap.mail.me.com (this is the one mail on Lion shows in the account settings.).
- Now mail on Snow Leopard works again.
That's it, looks like the migration process is not quite stable if you have to do this steps manually.
What still does not work: My iPhone get's no push notification when new mail arrives on my iCloud account, I have to check this manually.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 16, 2011 9:31 AM (in response to Marcus Muench1)
Great, it worked for some hours, but now my iPhone again tells me that my iCloud password is wrong, but only when accessing mail, all other iCloud services work fine with the same password. And iCloud system status sais it's all fine. Great, Apple.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 16, 2011 10:11 AM (in response to Marcus Muench1)
icloud.com and mac mail have never had a problem with receiving mail. the biggest issue with icloud is its not pushing new messages to the idevices like its supposed to. whether the app is running in the background or not mail should get pushed. this is not the case, mobileme was much better at that
Im having huge problems on getting push mail to work on my ios5 iphone. Just cant get it to work. I have tried deleting and re-setuping accounts on iphone and on my mac, on mac its working like it should, but cant get it to work with my iphone. MobileMe worked.
For example im away from my mac. Not receiving push mails on my iphone, i thought there is no mail. Get home, log in to my home mac and i receive few mails and stil nothing on my iphone. When i manually refresh mails on my iphone i get them.
Tnx for help
Ok... I have booked an appointment at a genius bar on Wednesday - still having all the same issues as many other peope are.
I will post what happens! / Apples solution or even reason for why this is so frustrating!
After experiencing this myself, I changed only the password which required at least 8 digits, one number and one capitol letter. Seriously! I found myself on some page with these instructions. It worked for me and somehow "it" made that my password for everything Apple.
My experience has been virtually identical. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple on Friday. They were stumped. I love all my Apple products, but this is frustrating. Not a big fan of Lion either.
I'm having the same problems. I know I'm entering the correct password, but it tells me it's wrong.
I'm also having problems accessing my mail on iCloud.com.
This sounds less like a user issue, and more like an issue on Apple's part.
I guess we just have to wait until the problem is fixed.
My iPhone iCloud mail is OK, and also my Mail iCloud account works fine. But I cannot set up a @me.com account on Thunderbird: it tells me that the password ir wrong. My pwd is 100% fine, I'm positive.
Piaga, if you live in Italy, you will have some problem with the Mail app in the beginning. The Mail app is set for the north America first and the other countries will follow after a while.
So, to answer your question to way your Mail in iCloud don't work, it is expected behavior as of now.