Currently Being ModeratedOct 14, 2011 5:22 AM (in response to InfamousOne)
I am in the same boat. I have an apple unlocked 3GS and I have been waiting for iMessage activation for a few hours now. I tried another e mail address but I get an error message that it is already in use!!!!!! Not sure what is going on. I guess it's a waiting game as the apple servers might be overloaded?!
Currently Being ModeratedOct 14, 2011 8:11 AM (in response to InfamousOne)
Same problem for me!!
I've tried everything.
I restored my devices (iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS) many times.
I used my previous backup, but I tried also a fresh new installation as new phone, I tried in more of one computer, I tried to use Wi-Fi, I tried without Wi-Fi ... I tried everything ... anyway no luck. FaceTime and iMessage send the SMS to activate the services ... but on "Settings" for both of them writes "Waiting for activation" and they don't work.
In fact they work but only with the mail ... If I send a message or a Facetime call to mail everything works, if I use my phone number doesn't work.
Some of my friends updated yesterday and they didn't have problem with activation for FaceTime or iMessage ... they can use everything with their phone number.
Any way to manually activate Facetime or iMessage?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 17, 2011 6:47 PM (in response to InfamousOne)
I found the following answer on another board, and it FINALLY worked!!!
Try this :
1. Go to the Settings App.
2. Tap on Wi-Fi
3. Your chosen network will be ticked. Tap on its white arrow over a blue circle button to its right
4. Tap on DNS
5. Replace the current information with 184.108.40.206,220.127.116.11
6. Try visiting a website with Safari to see if this works
7. Try registering iMessage / FaceTime
Currently Being ModeratedOct 19, 2011 9:44 AM (in response to InfamousOne)
I have a solution to all of you who faced this problem of waiting for activations for both FaceTime and iMessage.
Here's how I did mine;
1) Launch "Settings" app
2) Select "FaceTime"
3) Select "Apple ID: (your ID)"
4) Select "Change Location" (to where "Country" your phone number is registered)
5) Select the "Country" you are in
6) Back to "Settings"
Do the same for "iMessage"
1) Launch "Settings" app
2) Select "Messages"
3) Select "Receive At"
4) Select "Apple ID: (your ID)"
5) Select "Change Location" (to where "Country" your phone number is registered)
6) Select the "Country" you are in
After you've done all the settings as aboves; Now hold down the "Home" and "Power" button until you see the "Apple" logo to reboot your iPhone. Let go you fingers after seeing the "Apple" logo appears.
Go back to the "Settings" app.
1) Select "FaceTime"
2) You'll notice your "FaceTime" has been activated
3) Go to the bottom and Select "Caller ID"
4) You should have your "Phone Number" selected
5) Back to "Settings"
1) Select "Messages"
2) You'll notice your "iMessage" has been activated
3) Select "Receive At" (now you'll see "2 Addresses >)
4) Go to the bottom and Select "Caller ID"
5) You should have your "Phone Number" selected
6) Exit and enjoy your iOS5
Hope that helps. Cheers!
Didn't work for me either, I'm located in Canada.
Basically, when I activate iMessage it says waiting for activation, and it ultimately fails but I can still edit recieve at and use an email address, but it will not activate by my number, which I want it to.
Anyone figure out a solution to this, or call Apple and Apple acknowleged it?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 20, 2011 1:55 PM (in response to Abhinav26)
If it is not with an authorized Apple carrier it will probably be the problem. If this is with an authorized carrier you might want to contact them and have them check your text provisioning.