Currently Being ModeratedOct 18, 2011 6:47 PM (in response to avb25)
found the answer. is there a way to delete the post? or can someone with a level 2 request it for me? thanks
Currently Being ModeratedNov 6, 2011 11:17 AM (in response to avb25)
Yeah, how do you do it? This is driving me crazy!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 10, 2011 11:56 PM (in response to avb25)
Please share how you were able to get the UV digi copy into iTunes. This UV crap is horrible.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 11, 2011 5:26 PM (in response to avb25)
Has anyone figured this out? If so please share with the rest of us. I got it downloaded to my computer and can't import it into iTunes.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2011 5:26 PM (in response to avb25)
He didn't figure out how to do it, he just found out the answer was no.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 13, 2011 12:48 PM (in response to avb25)
I have same issue with HP 7 Part 2. UV Flipster seems totally bad. I found under the heading My Account in Flipster that there are 3 ways to download the movie. One is iTunes, another is Quicktime, and I do not remember the other, probably Windows. I downloaded in Quicktime as I think that is the default setting, but the Flipster software never asked what type of file to download. It may work when the setting is changed to iTunes. Has anyone tried this? Can I redownload a 3rd copy in iTunes?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 8:52 AM (in response to avb25)
I emailed Flipster and they sent me an iTunes code to download HP7 Part 2. I will do this later and hope it works.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 12:10 PM (in response to dew76)
Let us know if that code they send to you works or not. And what did you say in your e-mail to them? What info did they ask you to provide?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 1:53 PM (in response to robrob6969)
I got a code from them.
I submitted a ticket through: http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/ticketNew.asp
- Filled in Name/Email
- Put in a Summary (something to hte effect of the movies not working on iOS devices and needingthem in iTunes)
- Put in the Comment/Question that I need the movies in iTunes and that is why I buy didgital copies so that I can watch them on my iOS devices, otherwise I wouldn't buy them... etc...
- You may also want to save yourself some back and forth in emails and give them your origional redemption code that came in the DVD/BR sleeve.
- Filled in Issue Type as "Playback"
- Device as iPhone/iPad (don't remember which I put)
- Title as "Harry Potter 7 - Part 2"
- Rate your Flixster UV Experience: I put "Poor"
- Clicked the Finish Button.
With a couple emails back and forth for the redemption code, etc. (they were polite and understanding I must say) they sent me an iTunes redemption code that has downloaded the following files:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 / David Yates [1.77 GB]
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - iTunes Extras / David Yates [About 0.55 GB]
All in all it was about 30 minutes from the time I submitted the ticket, to when I was starting to downloading the movie in iTunes.
It's dumb that you have to go through this, but at least Flixster was pleasent about it I suppose.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 1:56 PM (in response to arkling)
as a side note, does anyone happen to know where the file is that the crappy UV Flixster Collection App downloaded?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 2:00 PM (in response to arkling)
Never mind I found it (I think)
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 3:51 PM (in response to arkling)
Ok. My download was buried down in App Data folder in Documents and Settings in Windows XP OS.
Thanks for the info on how you got them to send you the codes. What was the e-mail address you contacted them on?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 14, 2011 3:52 PM (in response to robrob6969)
Nevermind, missed your link you posted in your earlier reply. Thanks again!