There is no solution yet. Apple denies an official statement and didn't hand in an update yet although they should have been informed about this problem ages ago.
Apple had enough "time" to update iTunes and to launch the store in Latin America, to update iOS and other things, but oviously they don't care abount business customers. That's really miserable and I'm getting really angry every day.
There are only some work arounds (read the previous posts), but they are not working for everyone.
APPLE - WE ARE STILL WAITING!
I am unable to connect to my work's exchange server. I am getting an error message "unable to connect on port 80" I have tried everything in this thread to no avail. This is a huge problem. I have used exchange for years using mac mail as my email client. I can connect with my iPhone but not my brand new MacBook Pro! Not good! My IT group at work says it is a complete Apple issue and are no longer going to troubleshoot. Suck! I am not going to a PC, Save me Steve Jobs, you are my only hope.
I've got a possible solution. We have a client running Exchange 2007 on SBS. Entourage was working, upgraded to Lion and it's not working. I tried everything in this thread and was getting the 443 error in Apple Mail. We found this info on the Mac Office site for getting Outlook 2011 to work.Followed the instructions for setting up Autodiscover and now, Apple Mail, Entourage, and Outlook 2011 are working correctly on Lion for my client. This is server side so if you don't have access to the Exchange box then you will need to send your host these instructions. Hope this helps.
The reason we discovered this is that we noticed that even Outlook 2011 couldn't hit the Exchange server so we knew the problem wasn't specifically with Apple Mail.
I posted this on another thread by mistake but this is how I was able to get this working.
You don't need Outlook. I was just pointing out that Apple Mail connects to Exchange the same way that Outlook 2011 does. For us the solution was creating a local CNAME DNS record for "autodiscover.ourdomainname". Make sure your autodiscover setup in Exchange is configured and working correctly.
From the Article:
Based on how you have configured the Autodiscover service, the Autodiscover service URL to which Outlook for Mac connects to will be either https://<smtp-address-domain>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml or https://autodiscover.<smtp-address-domain>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
Outlook for Mac does not support the LDAP Service Connection Point (SCP) method to obtain account settings.
If Outlook doesn't support this config method then it would stand to reason that Apple Mail doesn't either.
As mentioned earlier, it uses only the predefined URLs, the HTTP redirect check, or the DNS SRV lookup method.
Do a NSLookup for autodiscover.yourDomainName and see if you can even resolve that name from your Mac..or just ping it to see if you can resolve it. Adding a autodiscover CNAME got things working for us.
I've SOLVED !!
the problem is on the exchange server on the virtal directory EWS of IIS..
- open exchange managment console
- go to Server configuration, Client access
- on the right plane, click on "Reset virtual directory"
- select EWS and reset it.
- when finish on the top of righ plane click "configure domain for external access client"
- put you external webmail access "webmail.contoso.com" and select server
- after finish, start, cmd, iireset /restart
i wait your feedback !!
This is what worked for us.
Close Mail, iCal, Address Book
Open Keychain Access and delete all Exchange related local domain certificates.
Be careful here. Local certificates should look something like myserver.mydomain.local,
where myserver is the server name and mydomain.local is your local active directory
Now open the Mail client. The certificates download from the Exchange Server with no
issues and Mail re-syncs.
Now Open the iCal application. Under preferences click accounts and delete the iCal
Exchange account only. Close the iCal application.
Now follow the procedure for disabling the OSCP and CRL referenced in a prior post in this
Now reopen iCal and recreate the Exchange account and if prompted to accept the
certificate, do so. Also note that the checkboxes for creating Mail and Address Book
need to be unchecked as they already exist. iCal will now function and re-syncs. At
this point you can now re-enable the OSP and CRL that were disabled in the prior step
of this procedure to maintain certificate intregrity.
We finally got it to work today. We had to call and pay for the microsoft support service, but the issue was on the server end. We had to go into the iis manager... went to sites... when to default website...and changed the SSL settings for Auto Discover, EWS Exadmin, echange, exchweb, owa... and the rest..
Change the settings to ignore client certificates.
Problem solved. Can finally send and receive.