Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2011 11:49 AM (in response to Nasser Al Hashimi)
Do videos work on the main YouTube site?
By the way, plug ins are by definition extensions that are not built into the OS. They add support for functions.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2011 12:02 PM (in response to Edson.ajj)
Yeah, YouTube works fine. Just not when trying to watch embedded links on facebook. And this is only happening on Safari.
I even tried erasing all browsing data and deleting all cookies incase, it didn't help.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 14, 2011 1:24 PM (in response to Nasser Al Hashimi)
Uninstall your current copy of Flash then reinstall new > Troubleshoot Flash Player | Mac OS
If that doesn't help, delete Flash cookies > Flush.app – Flash Cookie Removal Tool For OS X | MacHacks.TV
Deleting cookies from Safari > Preferences - Privacy is not the same as deleing Flash cookies.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2012 2:18 AM (in response to Carolyn Samit)
Yeah, it's been months now and I've tried eveything even Safari Extensions but nothing seems to help me. I prefer to use Safari over the other browsers so help in this will be much appreciated!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 11, 2012 7:49 AM (in response to Nasser Al Hashimi)
A month ago I started having problems with YouTube videos on Safari. My problem was not exactly the same as yours, so the solution I found, thanks for this forum, may not work; but this is what I did.
1) I reset Safari, deleting the cache and deleting all cookies. I exited Safari.
2) I deleted all Flash cookies, using the Flush utility mentioned by Carolyn. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore. Are there any other utilities available that can perform the same function? Here's a webpage that discusses how to delete flash cookies manually: http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/13/delete-flash-cookies/.
3) I rebooted the computer.
4) I uninstalled Flash player using the Flash uninstaller: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html.
5) I then installed the up-to-date Flash player.
6) I ran the Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility.
6) I re-booted the computer.
Suddenly I was able to watch YouTube videos again.
I suspect you have already done all of this, but it can't hurt to try it again. Good luck!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 12, 2012 7:20 AM (in response to Beren)
I tried all of that and I even did it one more time.. Thanks but.. it still doesn't work.. I did everything!
I CAN watch YouTube videos. I can even watch them embedded on Twitter and other websites. They just don't work on Facebook. I even tried having people log on their Facebook from my computer just to make sure it wasn't something to do with my account. YouTube videos embedded on Facebook don't work on my computer and I have no idea why, I tried everything..