This discussion is archived
2281 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2008 2:48 AM by Ingolf Eigenwillig
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 12, 2006 5:27 AM (in response to Ingolf Eigenwillig)As taken from Chat finders websight:
Why doesn't my online status work correctly?
1. Verify that your screenname is registered with AIM (www.aim.com) or .mac - ChatFinder does not issue unique screennames.
2. Verify that your screenname is entered correctly and matches your AIM or .mac registered name. Upper/lower case and spaces are not significant. You can edit your screenname in your personal Control Panel on ChatFinder.
3. Verify that your iChat/AIM privacy preference settings are set to "allow all" or "allow anyone".
4. If you have joined the site within the last hour, you may have a wait a few minutes for your status to appear correctly. Our member database is rebuilt periodically and your screenname will be added then.
5. If you are a current member and have just edited your screenname, allow 24 hours for your new screenname to be entered into the status indication database.
Finally, if all else fails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a service technician will investigate.Power Mac G5 2Ghz 4.5G RAM & Powerbook 1.67 Ghz 1G RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.4)
Thank you RJ for your advice, but HOW do I verify my screen name ...
would it be possible for you to 'take me through' the process...
I have a 'screen name' I enter the screen name when I look in to ChatFinder but what I always see is this:
Ingolf is offline
Is your online status incorrect? Send an instant message to the screenname "ChatFinderStatus"!
where can I find the entry point for instand message?
I hope you are able to help me with this as I really would like to "talk to you in person" with the help of my iSight
Ingolf Eigenwillig @ Alice Springs, NT
<email@example.com>PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)