Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2012 2:59 PM (in response to xxmitchxx90)
I can't do anything from the ipod itself, because even when you turn it off and on again, it only gives you the iTunes logo with the cable (as in, plug in) icon. I can't get past that screen. There was no "restore" initiated from the ipod itself, either. Just when we turned it on, this came up.
Not getting a timeout error... the download just keeps going, and when it reaches the entire download, nothing happens. I updated iTunes on the computer, but absolutely nothing is happening on the iPod. In fact, when I run a diagnostic on the iPod, it isn't able to recognize the device. However, when initially plugging in the iPod, iTunes tells me that it's found an ipod that is in the process of restoring, and that it needs to complete. So when I click "restore," the download begins yet again, and again nothing happens after that.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2012 3:04 PM (in response to soguesswhat)
Try a manual restore/update using the instrucition here:
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2012 3:38 PM (in response to soguesswhat)
If iTunes still recongnize your iPod, then try to restore your iPod touch from DFU mode.
Put your iPod touch into DFU mode, then iTunes should be able to restore your iPod (I did this with my friend's iPhone).
Internet connection may be required.
To put your iPod into DFU mode:
1. Plug your iPod touch into your computer and turn it off.
2. Then hold down the power button for 3 seconds.
3. Then without releasing the power button, also hold down the home button for 10 seconds.
4. Then release the power button, but keep holding the home button down for 15 seconds.
5. Now you are in DFU mode.
6. Open iTunes.
7. Then there should be a pop up window asking you to restore your iPod and click restore. If not then find your iPod like you usually would and click restore.
8. Then wait until your iPod is done restoring.
I sure appreciate all of this information. I tried it all but it still doesn't work. I don't get anything but the plug in icon on the ipod, and the download over and over. I'm guessing the hard drive died or something?
See steps in this article for details on troubleshooting security software.
I am getting that error message when trying to restore or update, how do I disable the computer's security software ? Thanks
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points