I've had this problem (along with 1,000's of other people if you had all the times this questions been asked just on this community, how many pages of comments and comments on comments, and multiple other websites trying to help people find the answer.)
I've tried multiple things to fix it starting with Apple's support, then going to the community, and moving on to discussions on other websites. Here's a list of things I've done so far:
Tried suggestion from Apple Community to try previous itunes version – didn’t work.
Hopefully we’ll all get relief working together and be able to access it someday.
Any help by anyone would be greatly appreciated!!
it might be your Internet connection that's having problems connecting to the iTunes store.
Why don't you try this link and see if iTunes store opens.
RE: INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF ITUNES:
See paragraph where I wrote: "when I went back to the latest version"
RE: THE LINK FROM APPLE:
I'll go to Apple's website to try to find the link you had. Google Chrome is recommending me not clicking on it unless I initiated it because it could have a virus attached. I'll look for it on the website.
RE YOUR SUGGESTION THERE MIGHT NOT BE INTERNET CONNECTION:
Internet connection is fine otherwise I wouldn't have been able pull up each one of the above websites to try to get a solution. Doesn't that follow?.....
I'm not sure how you could get help over the internet without having a connection.
Also, the icon on my taskbar right now says Status: Connected, Strength: Excellent. Just tried to get iTunes Store to come up: white blank screen as usual. I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere!
We'll just keep trying!
I'll paste it for you here:
If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day —and other customers on our discussion boards aren't experiencing similar issues— a software or internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue may be blocking your access to the iTunes Store. Click here to find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access.
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- If you have not done so already, try the steps in iTunes for Windows: iTunes Store connection troubleshootingto troubleshoot iTunes Store connectivity in Windows.
- Firewall issues:
- Windows XP: If you've upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 2: By default, Windows Firewall is enabled. As with all firewalls not manufactured by Apple, you will need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes to access the iTunes Store. To do so, see How to enable iTunes in the Windows XP Firewall.
- Windows Vista and 7: As with all firewalls not manufactured by Apple, you will need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes to access the iTunes Store. To do so see, the "Blocked by software firewall" section in this article.
- Proxies can cause issues and should be avoided whenever possible. To disable the proxy built-in to Windows see, iTunes for Windows Can't access the Internet if proxy settings are incorrect.
- If you are receiving a specific error message you may want to see, the "Specific Conditions and Alert Messages" section in this article as needed.
- If the issue still persists, contact your internet service provider and confirm that the ports and servers in this article are enabled over your network.
Already did this too. The only thing that helped ONLY ONCE was a suggestion from someone on Apple Community to do netsh winsock reset, restarted computer, clicked on itunes and store popped up! Tried to acces podcase and it froze. Clicked on itunes store and got the grey and white bar going across like an old barber shop pole acting like it was 'trying' to conect and then nothing.
Did winsock reset again: nothing.
Thanks anyway. I've tried all of Apples suggestions and have gotten nowhere with them. Upon reading peoples posts it's better to stick with the community or go online elsewhere to get help because people aren't getting help with Apple's suggestions either. You just get the run around and nothing resolved. Just like AT&T!