Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 11:07 AM (in response to Farjad1)
Sprint does not have an unlocked iPhone available. The iPhone set up with Sprint as the carrier will work in other countries but you will be charged a very expensive roaming fee by Sprint.
Apple will start selling an unlocked iPhone 4s in November, but it will not work for Sprint or Verizon in the US, only ATT. But you will be able to swap sim in other countries. Not sure if Pakistan is one of them.
The pricing on the unlocked iPhone 4S is supposed to start at $650.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 12, 2011 8:18 PM (in response to DaveM2bits)
Sprint us offering the iPhone with an unlocked microsim card.
I just want to know that if I don't use the sprint service would I have to pay
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 11:21 AM (in response to Farjad1)
Hi you will need to trace the phone back to the original carrier in the States who first activated the phone. If it was Verizon here is a great article that explains it all:
Will Verizon unlock my iPhone 4S?http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-57361283-266/will-verizon-unlock-my-iphone-4s/.
Hope this helps!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 11:30 AM (in response to Farjad1)
If you have a Sprint iPhone 4S with an unlocked SIM slot, the SIM slot can be used with local SIM cards ONLY in areas where there is not CDMA network present. AND, if you do not have active Sprint service on the phone, it WILL NOT work as a phone at all.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 1:36 PM (in response to lilod101)
Verizon iphone 4S SIM UNLOCK Tutorial
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 1:58 PM (in response to lilod101)
SGMD1 Oct 19, 2011 9:40 PM
Currently Being Moderated
Verizon has confirmed (here and here) they WILL unlock the SIM on the iPhone 4S, allowing for use of local SIM cards while traveling abroad (no word yet on whether this will allow for use on AT&T and T-Mobile.) This is different than the jailbreak unlocking method; SIM unlocking through Verizon is permanent and will not affect your warranty in any way.
1. Meet the following requirements:
* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.
If you don't meet one or more of the above requirements, call anyway. You may still get lucky.
2. Insert a foreign SIM into the SIM card slot on the side of your phone (only required to confirm that the unlock is successful.)
3. Call 1-800-711-8300 (Verizon Global Support) and ask the representative for a SIM unlock. Occassionally a representative may not know exactly what you are referring to; make sure you are not transferred to a different department. You are in the right place. Explain that they should have a walkthrough on how to do this, and that it allows for the use of local, non-Verizon SIM cards while traveling abroad.
4. Get confirmation from the rep that the unlock has been applied to your account, then check your phone to make sure it recognizes your SIM and can connect (if successful it will roam on AT&T, assuming you are calling from the USA.) You will NOT see an unlock confirmation in iTunes as that is for a factory-applied unlock only.
5. Enjoy your new unlocked iPhone 4S!
****ALSO I JUST SPOKE WITH NICHOLE (VZN GLOBAL SUPPORT) REGARDING IF THE IPHONE 4S HAS TO BE ACTIVE AFTER SIM UNLOCK AND THE ANSWER IS: NO!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 26, 2012 2:13 PM (in response to lilod101)
The OP is asking about a SPRINT phone, NOT Verizon. Please stop posting irrelevant links.