1 56 57 58 59 60 Previous Next 1,727 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 5:35 AM by lkrupp Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 855. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Mac OS 9000 Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

     

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    Dah•veed wrote:

     

    "We"? How many of you are there?

     

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    Dah•veed wrote:

     

    "We"? How many of you are

    there?

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    Dah•veed wrote:

     

    "We"? How many of you are there?

    He has a mouse in his hand.

    Meg St._Clair wrote:

     

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    Dah•veed wrote:

     

    "We"? How many of you are there?

    He has a mouse in his hand.

    That's a mouse?

     

    That's a mouse?

     

    He has a mouse in his hand.

    That's a mouse?

     

    He has a mouse in his hand.

    That's a mouse?

     

  • 856. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Tgara Level 4 Level 4 (3,540 points)

    stedman1 wrote:

     

    I'm thinking more along the lines of a nice cold beer.

     

    Stedman

     

    Sounds good.  Maybe with some nachos.    Mexico is great.  Love the food, love the people.  Except for the drug runners and politicians.

     

    Now pass the margaritas!

  • 857. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Tgara Level 4 Level 4 (3,540 points)

    You know, despite what others complain about this being a worthless thread,

     

    Why on earth would you say that???

  • 858. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    tpulak Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)

    I didn't say that! I said that there were people WHO said that I love this thread! Makes my long days at work more bearable.

  • 859. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    mary k.fromkake Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Apple advertises that "there's an app for that" for just about everything you can think of for the iPod or iPad.  However, when I tried to use several programs on my iPad that required the Adobe Flash application, they didn't work.  The note on the Adobe website said that Apple had not provided the source code (or whatever) so the company could adapt Flash to the iPad.  It's unrealistic and unreasonable for the consumer to test every potential use of the iPad before buying it.  Why can't Apple and Adobe get together on this?  Can't we all just get along?

  • 860. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7 (30,305 points)

    A smarter preson would have read through the thread before posting this comment.

  • 861. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,340 points)

    Not going to happen. Adobe recently announced they will no longer support Flash with ANY mobile devices which includes all phones and tablets. I'm pretty sure this has been provided a number of times in this thread.

  • 862. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    stevejobsfan0123 Level 7 Level 7 (32,320 points)

    mary k.fromkake wrote:

     

    However, when I tried to use several programs on my iPad that required the Adobe Flash application, they didn't work.

    That makes no sense whatsoever. The only programs you can download on the iPad are through the App Store, none of which require Flash.

     

     

     

    The note on the Adobe website said that Apple had not provided the source code (or whatever) so the company could adapt Flash to the iPad.

    Really? That's hilarious. Abode abandoned Flash for iOS, and is going to abandon it for ALL mobile platforms.

     

     

    It's unrealistic and unreasonable for the consumer to test every potential use of the iPad before buying it.

    That's why there's Google.

     

     

    Why can't Apple and Adobe get together on this?

    Because Abode won't cooperate.

  • 863. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Philly_Phan Level 6 Level 6 (11,705 points)

    stevejobsfan0123 wrote:

     

    The only programs you can download on the iPad are through the App Store, none of which require Flash.

    Actually, that's not correct.  I've had several apps from the App Store that included Flash movies.  I'd be hard-pressed to identify the apps now because I trashed them some time back.

  • 864. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Demo Level 9 Level 9 (76,365 points)

    I have nothing at all to offer in this discussion except .....

    Philly_Phan wrote:

     

    Actually, that's not correct.  I've had several apps from the App Store that included Flash movies.  I'd be hard-pressed to identify the apps now because I trashed them some time back.

    I recall you talking about this subject. One was a 9-11 Memorial app - I think.

  • 865. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    stevejobsfan0123 Level 7 Level 7 (32,320 points)

    But were you actually able to use the apps? Seems to me Apple would not allow apps that require Flash if Flash is not on iOS... the app would be useless unless it had Flash built in.

  • 866. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Philly_Phan Level 6 Level 6 (11,705 points)

    Demo wrote:

     

    I have nothing at all to offer in this discussion except .....

    Philly_Phan wrote:

     

    Actually, that's not correct.  I've had several apps from the App Store that included Flash movies.  I'd be hard-pressed to identify the apps now because I trashed them some time back.

    I recall you talking about this subject. One was a 9-11 Memorial app - I think.

    Yep.  That was one.  Thanks for the reminder.

  • 867. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Tgara Level 4 Level 4 (3,540 points)

    Dah•veed wrote:

     

    A smarter preson would have read through the thread before posting this comment.

     

     

    Indeed.  And a smarter person would have checked to see if their ipad could handle Flash too before they bought it.

     

    Judging from the number of times this question has been asked, functioning brain cells are in short supply among many new iPad owners (regulars here excluded, of course ).

  • 868. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Philly_Phan Level 6 Level 6 (11,705 points)

    stevejobsfan0123 wrote:

     

    But were you actually able to use the apps? Seems to me Apple would not allow apps that require Flash if Flash is not on iOS... the app would be useless unless it had Flash built in.

    The app that Demo reminded me about was a collection of 9/11 videos, nearly half of which were provided by Flash.  Yes, the app was half useless and yes, Apple allowed it.

  • 869. Re: How do I get flash player on iPad.
    Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7 (30,305 points)

    I've had several apps from the App Store that included Flash movies.

    You are mistaken. If they were anything like the 9-11 app, they all required an internet connection. There was no Flash in the app, the app received streaming Flash video over an internet connection. The 9-11 app plainly states it needs an internet connection to work.

1 56 57 58 59 60 Previous Next