Currently Being ModeratedApr 13, 2012 6:16 AM (in response to Lamella)
I had the same problem, which I fixed by following a mix of instructions from this forum. The latest update from apple included samsung drives which created the problem once again and I repeated my steps to fix it again.
Here is what I did:
1. Disconnect scanner cable from computer
2. Close image capture and all scanner/printer associated software.
3. Using activity monitor (spotlight is your friend), terminate/quit any samsung scanner programs. No worries if there are none running. Sometimes I have noticed some leftovers
4. Follow instructions from Mazomat here and delete Samsung Scanner.app from /library/ImageCapture/devices
5. If you use Mackeeper, it usually alerts you to delete some more files related to Samsung scanner.app
6. Empty trash
7. Download samsung scanner software from website. I had downloaded v2.2 for OS X 10.7.3 and have reused it, which does the job. The latest version seems to be v3.0 I think, which I haven't tried out yet.
8. Extract and install above software. Installation will require all applications to be quit and a restart once installed
9. After restart, scanning through image capture and normal print works for me like a charm
Hope that helps.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 13, 2012 6:51 AM (in response to Loukik)
BTW. Here is the link to v2.2 of the driver.