822 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 4:12 AM by iDavisS
Currently Being ModeratedMar 1, 2012 6:53 AM (in response to planespeed)
I just had to do this today. Here's what to do.
- On your computer, close iTunes and disconnect your iPod/iPhone/iPad.
- Reconnect your iPod/iPhone/iPad to your computer while pressing Command and Control. Don't release the buttons until your device appears in iTunes. This launches iTunes in Safe Mode and will prevent it from overwriting your device.
- Click on your device in the iTunes Devices list, turning the arrow down. This will reveal all the playlists existing on your device.
- Click on a playlist you want to copy from your device to iTunes. Then click File, Library, Export Playlist.
- Save the playlist as a .txt file on your computer hard drive.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each playlist you wish to save.
- Eject your device and close iTunes.
- Open iTunes and reconnect your device as normal.
- Go to File, Library, Import Playlist and select one of your playlist .txt files from your computer hard drive. Repeat for each playlist.
- You may need to re-sync your device. Allow extra time as iTunes may see this as a new library and need to erase and sync.