HT4651: Mac OS X Snow Leopard and malware detectionLearn about Mac OS X Snow Leopard and malware detection
Currently Being ModeratedMar 6, 2012 12:45 PM (in response to frank4520)
The Mac Keeper malware (assuming it's not the junkware from Zeobit which is different) is one of the MacDefender offshoots. You should able to remove it by following these instructions:
Currently Being ModeratedMar 6, 2012 5:44 PM (in response to frank4520)
(1) There is no standard in naming malware; each vendor has its own system. So you need to refer to Kaspersky to find out what "hoax.osx mackeeper.a" is.
(2) This forum is for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. Your profile says you're using Lion. If your profile is correct, you're in the wrong forum.
(3) Friendly advice: Try punctuation once in a while. If your post is easy to read, you're more likely to get useful answers.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points