Does it boot into any of these modes?
Holding Option/alt key at bootup.
Holding SHIFT key at bootup.
Target mode after powering down completley...
Does it boot to Single User Mode, CMD+s keys at bootup, if so try...
Repeat until it shows no errors fixed.
(Space between fsck AND -fy important).
Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck...
Put the eMac in Target modeagain.
In Disk Utilty on the PB...
2. Select the eMacs Hard Drive.
3. Click the Erase tab.
4. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
5. Select your Mac OS X volume.
6. Highlight the drive, select Partition Tab, then Format type... MacOS Extended Journalled, select the Security Options button, choose Zero Out Data, Erase... after completion hopefully you'll be able to install.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points