Currently Being ModeratedMar 13, 2012 1:55 PM (in response to David Safir)
Hi David ...
Might a cookies issue...
From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences thens select the Privacy tab. Click Details then type chase in the search field top right corner of the window. Select chase.com then click Done.
Quit then relaunch Safari to test. If that didn't help, from that same tab click: Remove All Website Data. Quit then relaunch Safari. Try the Chase site.
If that didn't help, go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db. Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.
~ (Tilde) character represents the Home folder.
For Lion: To find the Home folder in OS X Lion, open the Finder, hold the Option key, and choose Go > Library
Currently Being ModeratedMar 13, 2012 2:10 PM (in response to Carolyn Samit)
Well, thanks Carolyn but no luck with any of those. It's an odd block to me. I am able to access the website for the most part, but changing my online account preferences seems blocked. As I said, both Chrome and Firefox work without a problem. I am pretty certain this occurred after updating to the new Safari.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 13, 2012 6:33 PM (in response to David Safir)
I had a weird problem signing on to First Bank (local to here) after I upgraded to the new Safari. It went into some sort of loop involving the loading of three different pages. I thought the bank had changed something but it all worked fine when I tried it with Firefox. I fired up an older version of 10.6 with an older safari and it worked fine. Unfortunately, this safari upgrade did moe than just download a new executable. I resored the previous version from time machine and it crashed every time I tried it.
The I found a reference to apple's webkit: http://nightly.webkit.org/
which is apparently an ongoing safari update. I downloaded it, fired it up and was able to access my First Bank page successfully. Perhaps it will work for you.
So now I have to wait until safari is fixed for real. I wish apple would provide a way to revert to previous versions when they make changes, this is not the first time they've messed me up....
Currently Being ModeratedMar 13, 2012 7:50 PM (in response to mgeller47)
Well,that is pretty interesting. Just as you indicated, the nightly build allowed me to sign in to my Chase account and change the preferences. So now we have to wait for the next real Safari update I guess. It's not the end of the world since I can use Chrome or Firefox but I have all my regular business on Safari, so its annoying.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 30, 2012 11:11 AM (in response to David Safir)
I noticed a Safari update today which supposedly addresses this issue. I installed it but the website is still blocked from changing account preferences, this didn't fix the issue.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 4, 2012 11:30 AM (in response to mgeller47)
Thanks for the tip, however the Java update did not fix this issue. I am able to log into my Chase bank accounts online but I am unable to change my viewing preferences still.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 6, 2012 11:20 AM (in response to David Safir)
Well, I have tried everything I can think of, so I am moving on. I have designated Chrome my default browser on both my iMac and Macbook. I know this won't exactly rock Apple's world, but Chrome seems generally better and at least for now doesn't have any glitches like this one for my bank website.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 6, 2012 4:12 PM (in response to David Safir)
Just a little feedback here . .. After reading your last thread, I went into my account there and changed several settings with no problem. Also the site in general was working great. So it's something with your setup, I would think.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 12, 2012 12:15 PM (in response to mgeller47)
Donwloading the latest webkit version fixed the problem.
However, am still working with Schwab on viewing screen match results. They can only be seen if Block 3rd Party Cookies is NOT checked. If it is checked, then get thrown back to a home screen. This never used to be a problem. First noticed the problem this past weekend. Same result occurs with Google Chrome. Seems like something changed recently that is common to multiple browsers.