Very strange as iDVD set's Zone to = 0 (zero) = Plays in all regions.
So I assume that there is another problem that the DVD-player can not handle and send out an error message in random.
Possibilities are legions - may be
• use of video codec iDVD can not handle
• use of Cheap DVD brand (I only use Verbatim)
• type of DVD - I use DVD-R (Not DVD+R, NEVER DVD+/-RW)
• burn speed - I set it to x2 or x4
• free space on Start-Up (Mac OS) Hard Disk less than 1.5Gb - I never go under 25Gb
(and plenty more can mess things up)
DOES - Your DVD play on Your Mac ?
Yours Bengt W