216 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2012 6:25 PM by geekthinker
In order to help you with deciding what type of networking hardware you will need, you will need to provide some additional information:
- Do you need to support both wired and wireless network clients?
- Are all of your network clients 802.11n capable? ... and for both the 2.4 & 5 GHz bands?
- How much or all of your house do you want network coverage?
- Does your existing home have Ethernet built-in? That is, does it have a central network panel and each of the rooms in the house have an Ethernet port?
- Do you plan on streaming HD video content on your local network? That is playing back a DVD or Blu-ray level video file from a local storage device to playback device over the network?