Currently Being ModeratedApr 6, 2012 9:00 AM (in response to bluewheel)
Yes, changes are automatically propagated out to all iDevices. However, if the music with the updated artwork is downloaded onto the device you will need to remove it from the device and download it again for the new artwork to show up.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 6, 2012 3:21 PM (in response to Michael Allbritton)
Thanks. I found the problem is actually itunes match.
Here is what I did
1. For songs had old/wrong album art, I select them all, click "get info", check the box on artwork.
--- All songs display blank album art, looks correct.
2. Click "download album art" or in "get info" choose another image file as album art.
-- Up to now, everything looks cool.
3. Click on "update itunes match"
Interestingly, old abum art comes back~~
Does this problem occur to anyone? Thanks
Currently Being ModeratedApr 6, 2012 11:54 PM (in response to bluewheel)
It's the same for me. In fact, even if I do what you said, sometimes the old album art comes back. The only sure way I have found for it to work is to:
1) Delete the music entirely from iTunes Match AND iTunes (keeping the files on the hard drive)
2) Turn off iTunes Match
3) Add the music back into iTunes
4) Fix the cover art (and any metadata as it has the same issue)
5) Turn on iTunes Match so the music gets uploaded again
Of course, with a large library, this takes a lot of time and effort, and takes a lot of the enjoyment out of using the product.
According to the Apple reps I have spoken to, this is a bug that Apple is aware of. They told me we are simply supposed to use workarounds like the above and wait until some time in the future when it will eventually be fixed.
I suggest anyone with this problem either "Provide iTunes feedback" here:
Or, if you are under warranty, contact support and let them know this behavior is unacceptable in a paid product.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 7, 2012 6:18 AM (in response to bluewheel)
I may have a fix for you. I just posted it to https://discussions.apple.com/message/18064185#18064185
Currently Being ModeratedJun 16, 2012 9:02 PM (in response to bluewheel)
I had this same problem for some of my tracks. I found that the following methodology worked:
- Delete the song of the problem album on all devices (so the song exists in iCloud only)
- Fix the album cover
- Re-download the songs (optional)
Basically, if the only copy of the song is in iCloud, the albums seems to sync as desired.
This might not be practical if you have a ton of albums where this is an issue. I only had a few so it wasn't a large issue.