Currently Being ModeratedApr 20, 2012 10:39 PM (in response to Dandelion6)
To be of any help, can I get these info?
- Which version of iTunes are you using?
- What is the iPod software version, as shown in the iTunes summary page?
- Have you tried re-installing iTunes? using this procedure.
Have a nice day!
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2012 7:09 AM (in response to Bilbo_cheshire)
2. I'm afraid to plug it back in again to check, but it said that I had the latest version installed...does that help?
3. Yes I've tried that, same thing happens.
Last week after numerous attempts I was able to get it to sync about 3400 songs (out of 22000) before it crashed, today I got up to around 4300 and a new Windows error "Delayed Write Failure" in addition to a couple different iTunes errors.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2012 8:04 AM (in response to Dandelion6)
Do this iPod Disk Diagnostics, as posted by tt2.
It wont fix your problem but help in troubleshooting, especially if your hardisk is dying and causing all sort of errors.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2012 12:52 PM (in response to Bilbo_cheshire)
Thank you, my specs are as follows;
Pending Sectors 648
Power On Hours 110
Temp Current 29c
So I take it the hard drive is hosed...
Currently Being ModeratedApr 22, 2012 6:09 PM (in response to Dandelion6)
Yep, it is fried, but you can have the Hardisk replaced at 3rd Party service vendor, or if it still under warranty, bring it to Apple Store for the Genius to have a look/replaced.
Google "iPod repairs" to get one nearer to you.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points