I am able to access my Windows 7 machine's shares on my Mac (Lion 10.7.3) through SMB with no problems at all. However, I am unable to access my Mac's shares on my Windows machine.
I have been fighting with this issue for hours and haven't found a solution yet. I've done a bunch of Googling and have found plenty of posts related to my issue, but no solutions. Everyone seems to be at least receiving a login prompt when they try to connect to a Mac OS X Lion Samba share from a Windows 7 machine, but I am not. All I get is "Windows cannot connect to \\MAC" after ~15-20 seconds of waiting.
Here's what I've tried:
- Reconfigured all of my settings on both the Windows and Mac systems, then restarted.
- Windows: set to 40- and 56-bit encryption for File Sharing, instead of 128-bit.
- Windows: network discovery and file sharing enabled.
- Windows: Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level to Send NTMLv2 response only” to “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session if negotiated as suggested in another post.
- Windows: verified workgroup as WORKGROUP.
- Windows: verified Windows Firewall options for File Sharing.
- Windows: cleared credentials for my Mac's share in the Credential Manager, still no login prompt.
- Windows: reinserted my Mac's credentials in Credential Manager for the share, same issue.
- Mac: Enabled File Sharing, enabled SMB, enabled my Mac's account.
- Mac: verified Firewall settings for File Sharing.
- Mac: verified workgroup as WORKGROUP in WINS/NETBIOS configuration.
- For both systems: verified IP configuration as DHCP under the same gateway and subnet mask--they're clearly under the same network.
Could it be a hosts file issue of any sort?
All help is appreciated, thank you!