Have no AVCHD-Camera but goes by hear-say.
• Connect Camera to Mac via USB
• Connect Camera to external Power (not just battery)
And now not the Usual Log and Capture... - but Log and Transfer...
If this doesn't work then the AVCHD files might need to be converted and Voltaic™ seems to be the program of choice to do this.
Yours (on hear-say) Bengt W
Your camcorder is an AVCHD camcorder. Your profile indicates you are running OS X 10.5.8 ....
What version of FCE are you using?
What model Mac are you using?
Are you trying to capture (log & transfer) from your camcorder into FCE ... or did you just copy files from the camcorder to your Mac and are now trying to edit the files?
You need FCE 4 and an Intel Mac to capture & edit AVCHD video.
Hi, Final Cut Express is discontinued, in favor of Final Cut Pro X.
- Soundtrack has been removed from the Final Cut Express Box, as well as the export feature to soundtrack.
- Final Cut Express 4's export option for Flash Video is unstable with Leopard 10.5.4 / QuickTime v7.5 (149.5).
- Minor support for 1080p.
- No native support for AVCHD and transcoding facilities (AIC) limited to files from attached cameras only
- No complete list of input file types.
- No support for 24 frame/s timeline.
- No upgrade since August 2008.
- MP3 (and other sound files) have to be rendered manually in order to show up, otherwise a 1000 Hz beep will repeat.
- No means of changing the default overwrite edit, which easily results in inadvertent deletion of clips and track material on the Timeline
Sony HDR-XR500VE was released in 2009. So, if you can't use Log and Transfer or Log and Capture import XR500VE AVCHD videos to FCE. As I know, you have to use a converter to encode AVCHD to the best codec AIC for FCE.
Hope the reply can give you a big help. Enjoy yourself.