Currently Being ModeratedApr 30, 2012 6:04 PM (in response to Goneover)Re: Garageband II keeps redownloading, but never opens...
After GarageBand has completed downloading and installing all of it's extras, remove the GarageBand preferences file and relaunch GarageBand. This took care of it for me.
To do this in the Finder:
- Select Go -> Go to Folder...
- Type: ~/Library/Preferences
- Locate the com.apple.garageband.plist file
- Move it to your desktop.
- Relaunch GarageBand.
This should take care of this problem.
copy from another discussion, thanks to him or her, This really solve my problem, you can take a shot!
Currently Being ModeratedDec 6, 2012 12:51 PM (in response to Goneover)
I've got the same problem with Garage Band '11 on Mountain Lion. I'm using a Macbook Pro 15" Retina.
I've tried to find the file com.apple.garageband.plist file but can't find it under /Library/Preferences.
This looks like you are looking into the System Library (at the top level of your hard disk), not at the user library in your home folder ~/Library/Preferences:
The User Library is hidden by default in Lion and Mountain Lion. You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu:
- Finder > Go, then hold down the options ⌥ key, until the Library appears in the drop-down menu, select it and open the Library folder.
- Then go to the "Preferences" sub folder and remove
your Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.garageband.plist.