Currently Being ModeratedMay 4, 2012 12:14 PM (in response to MUSOM David)
I really appreciate your help and the steps do make sense. However, it is still not working for me. I'll walk you through exactly what I am doing.
1. I copy text from a .pdf (with photos and text) into a word document and save it
2. I insert the "chapter from pages or word doc" and choose Section Text (with preserve doc paragraph styles checked)
3. I select text on the second page and it shows in the inspector that it is two columns, and I change it to one (Which changes only that page)
4. I then click on the Section thumbnail and choose "reapply layout to section"
5. It still keeps everything in 2 columns
Lastly, is there a way to import the word doc into a 1-column layout so I don't have to even go through any of this? Why does it always default to 2-column?