Currently Being ModeratedMay 5, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to gman24)
- Look on the iPod in Settings/General/About>Version. It states the iOS there. (The highest version of the iOS that a 1st gen Touch can use is 3.1.3)
- No, iMessage requires iOS 4.0 or later. iMessage - Just write something requires iOS 4.0 and a 3rd gen Touch. i-MESSAGE requires iOS 3.1.2, but judging from the reviews, I suspect this is not the App you are after.
- not applicable
Currently Being ModeratedMay 5, 2012 9:13 AM (in response to the fiend)
The post says he has iOS 2.x. The last update for the 1G iPod is 3.1.3 and you get that here:
Note that there are not that many apps that are compatible with a 1G with iOS 3.1.3
For the fiend, The Apple messages app comes with iOS 5, not 4 as you said.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 5, 2012 11:08 AM (in response to lllaass)
A search of the iTunes Store produces:
- iMessage: (developer, Philip Strain) which requires iOS 4 or later
- iMessage - Just write a message: (developer Graziano Grennaro) which requires a 3rd generation iPod Touch running iOS 4.0
- i-Message: (developer, Rob Wheeler) which requires iOS 3.1.2
Since Apple have allowed three different developers to create an App, one with an identical name to their own App, two more with very similar and easily confusable names (just look at the icon for iMessage - Just write a message), and one has to interpret the OP's questions broadly, given the use of "imessagew" and the fact that he/she was asking specifically which iOS was on their iPod, then my answer was appropriate but incomplete, not wrong.
It begs the question of who wrote in the added text "iOS 2.X"?
It also means that if the OP wants to purchase the Philip Strain App, he/she can do so.
Message was edited by: the fiend