1 71 72 73 74 75 Previous Next 1,338 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 2:07 AM by Gordon Phillips Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 1,080. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Apple fan from Tampa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    You are like a robot Kim with your automated responses. You are a troll and a bad one at that!

  • 1,081. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Kim Hill1 Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

    How many people are you — "Apple fan from Tampa"?

  • 1,082. Re: New iPad overheating?
    j-picard Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    AFFT: I'd take a walk away from this forum, and never come back.  I will contact apple itself about you and your trolling nonsense if you don't stop it.

  • 1,083. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Apple fan from Tampa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Your cover is blown Kim.

    Again you respond with your automated responses!

    Are you using a mouse to do all that cut and paste or an iPad. I thought so.

    You can't fool the American public Kim, they know you are up to no good!

  • 1,084. Re: New iPad overheating?
    shortcuts Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Have done all that but still appears darker to me.

  • 1,085. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Apple fan from Tampa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    J-Picard (or Kim, whoever you are) I am 100 percent legit and I have not posted anything that is not true or clearly just my opinion.

    Ive been bashed for every post I made about my iPad heat problem and called a troll over and over.

    Now  I'm threatened and told to take a walk when I fire back. Let the people decide who is up to no good here.

  • 1,086. Re: New iPad overheating?
    XRanger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    You can go to your settings under brightness and wallpapers. There is a slide bar there so you can adjust the brightness.

    If Auto-Brightness is on it will adjust for the default auto-brightness so it will be as bright as you like under different light.

  • 1,087. Re: New iPad overheating?
    XRanger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    You can go to your settings under brightness and wallpapers. There is a slide bar there so you can adjust the brightness.

    If Auto-Brightness is on it will adjust for the default auto-brightness so it will be as bright as you like under different light.

  • 1,088. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Apple fan from Tampa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Took mine back to the apple store after 13 days, hoping it would eventually get cooler (but it didn't). Clerk said that he had heard nothing about certain serial numbers being better or recent manufacturing changes, etc. He just said "the new display makes it run hotter" and he gave me a refund without asking any questions or offering any insight.

     

    Of course the heat may not be an issue to some, but it was to me because of my necessity to keep the brightness on high which caused it to get hot ( I have old eyes and had trouble seeing text unless it was bright).

     

    Will wait and see what happens and if they do something to fix it, I will definitely buy another in the future.

  • 1,089. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Kim Hill1 Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

    Apple fan from Tampa wrote:

     

    Took mine back to the apple store after 13 days, hoping it would eventually get cooler (but it didn't). Clerk said that he had heard nothing about certain serial numbers being better or recent manufacturing changes, etc. He just said "the new display makes it run hotter" and he gave me a refund without asking any questions or offering any insight.

     

    Of course the heat may not be an issue to some, but it was to me because of my necessity to keep the brightness on high which caused it to get hot ( I have old eyes and had trouble seeing text unless it was bright).

     

    Will wait and see what happens and if they do something to fix it, I will definitely buy another in the future.

     

    Considering your blatantly implausible claims, and the similarities to other posters, I'd say the main question here is how many different names you've used in this thread...

  • 1,090. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Prophloe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I never said bank account # with pin. Never said "your" social security number. The serial is, and I stand by this, IS like a social security number for the iPad, NOT for the OWNER of the iPad. It's an identifier to the iPad as a social is an identifier for a person. With as much "malicious cleverness" going on out there, I'd rather not be giving my ipad info out to the rest of the world online.

  • 1,091. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Prophloe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    My son was playing Real Racing 2 for a while and laid the iPad on his lap between races. As he sifted through the game manu he leaned his bare stomach on it lightly and said "ouch that's hot! It burned my stomach. It's too hot."

    True Story. I am now on the boat with my reel out and my line in the water.

  • 1,092. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Encrypted11 Level 2 Level 2 (350 points)

    Prophloe wrote:

     

    I never said bank account # with pin. Never said "your" social security number. The serial is, and I stand by this, IS like a social security number for the iPad, NOT for the OWNER of the iPad. It's an identifier to the iPad as a social is an identifier for a person.

    I know. I meant that too. It's an identifier for the device. So is there anything sensitive (like links to your social security no. etc) anyone can get out of a device if the serial number is found? This is what I meant on that point made.

     

    By the way, even without the lookup, you can still tell which factory assembled your iPad.

     

    The first 2 letters (Factory code) are concatenated with the other identities in the string of 12 characters.

     

    Surely, you can count the number of Foxconn facilities with just a pair of hands, under 10 different character combinations for the first 2 char.. The first 2 letters are NOTHING but factory code.. if you're not going to tell anyone about that, which is usually either

    • Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)
    • Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)
    • Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)
    • Factory: DX China
    • Factory: DQ China
    • Factory: DY (China, Shenzhen - Foxconn)

    there's nothing much people can help right in this forum.

  • 1,093. Re: New iPad overheating?
    Kim Hill1 Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

    Prophloe wrote:

     

    My son was playing Real Racing 2 for a while and laid the iPad on his lap between races. As he sifted through the game manu he leaned his bare stomach on it lightly and said "ouch that's hot! It burned my stomach. It's too hot."

     

    Sadly, it's always the children who suffer for our technological progress...

  • 1,094. Re: New iPad overheating?
    shortcuts Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks' for the response but reading my post properly might have made you realise I have done this and was making the point that the auto brightness, which is turned on, appears to not do that! In a dim room it appears not to brighten the screen.

1 71 72 73 74 75 Previous Next