I am running multiple services with the latest version of OS X Server (10.6.8) on my MacMini (web, vpn, mail, ichat, ical, address book, etc.) .
Everything has been working fine for the last year and no changes have been made to the server, settings, ISP, or DNS, with the exception of installing the latest system software updates. Now, when I try to open my websites or connect remotely via VPN I get a "cannot connect to sever" message. All other services are still working as they should. The server is hooked up to an Airport Extreme via a cable modem with a static IP.
I have tried the following thus far:
1) checked all cables and they are plugged in and seated properly.
2) restarted the server, airport extreme, and cable modem
3) turned Web services off and on again in Server Admin
4) checked the DNS via the web and my site addresses are pointing to my static IP address
5) checked the Airport's port mapping to make sure Web Service was still on
6) checked my websites SSL certificate to make sure it's current and enabled
7) tried disabling SSL
8) created and enabled a new self-signed SSL certificate
Recent log activity shows:
Apr 29 11:38:49 xxxxxx-corp org.apache.httpd: Syntax error on line 13 of /etc/apache2/proxy_sites/0000_any_8443_localhost.conf:
Apr 29 11:38:49 xxxxxx-corp org.apache.httpd: SSLCertificateKeyFile: file '/etc/certificates/xxxxxx-corp.com xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC96C30F1986D48D59D227F1.key.pem' does not exist or is empty
Apr 29 11:38:49 xxxxxx-corp com.apple.launchd (org.apache.httpd): Exited with exit code: 1
I'm assuming the "key.pem' does not exist or is empty" part is the issue, but I am a novice and have no idea what that means.
Any idea what's causing the problem??? ...I really need to get my websites back up and running! Any help is greatly appreciated.